Sydney Fencing for Homes
Fencing in Sydney and in other urban areas worldwide has become an inherent aspect of any home.
However when it comes to fences, people have various reasons to put them up. There are those that are after privacy, for security, as decorative element, containment for children and pets, and simply as demarcation.
There are different types of fences that you can choose from in Sydney. Every city also has its own rules and regulations about it.
Before you choose a particular fence, you have to check with the zoning of the area you are in and the homeowners’ association regulations that you have to abide by when building a property in your area.
There are places that have rules on size, placement, style, and even to include a portion of the yard or not. There are those that require several feet away from the property line. After clearing all these, you can proceed to choosing your home fence.
- Purpose. Figure out what your purpose for the fence is. It may be for security of the entire property or the backyard pool. It may also be to add texture and style in your yard or to keep kids and pets safe when they’re outside.
- Style. For fence styles, you can have semi-private, private, and decorative styles. Private fences are those that are eye-level high and usually made up of solid panels.
Semi-private ones often make use of solid panels and lattice work on top. Some also have shadow panels.
Decorative fences usually have pickets to make pets and children safe. A living fence made up of trees or a tall hedge bush and also arborvitaes may also be used.
- Material. You can choose between the following: wood, aluminum, steel, and vinyl.
- Wood would always lend a traditional appeal but it requires heavy maintenance.
- Vinyl is low maintenance and doesn’t rot or fade.
- Aluminum also requires less maintenance while steel requires painting every now and then.
You also have to choose between the component and panel fences. Component often uses wood and can be built one piece or one component at a time. Panel on the other hand uses pre-constructed panels that are often made of metal and vinyl.
- Cost. All the aforementioned factors to consider will influence the cost. This includes the size of the area to be fenced. A wrought-iron fence is costlier than a wooden fence. The shorter fence is cheaper than the high one.
These are all the little intricacies involved in choosing the right type of fencing in Sydney. This is necessary when you live in an area where houses are too close to each other.
Fences can also ward off the family and pets from unwanted people and pests through providing controlled accessibility to the home. The fence will always be a great decorative element in any home.
In the end, whether it’s to be the job of a professional or by yourself, it is crucial to have a fence that suits your family’s needs. Besides considering all these factors, you also have to decide if it’s going to be a DIY project or you may need to hire a professional to do the job.
Build Your Concrete Driveway That Increases Your Home's Appeal and Value.
Try our Concrete Driveway Guide and Get $100 off Your Quote Below: